10 May Grandparent Mentors
Location: PEGUIS, MB & WINNIPEG, MB
The Grandparent Mentor is responsible for providing support to the child and his or her family. The goal of the Grandparent Mentor is to strengthen the family unit by mentoring a family; sharing their life experiences, wisdom and truths of life.
• Demonstrate excellent parenting skills, life skills and overall holistic positive and healthy lifestyle.
• Demonstrate organizational, problem-solving, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of collateral services / community resources and how to access are required.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle are required.
• First Nation applicants are encouraged to self identify as being of First Nations descent.
Applicants must provide a current Criminal Record Check, Adult Abuse Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
Please contact Alice Bear and attend one of the scheduled orientations.
Alice Bear, Agency Elder-Mentor
Peguis Child and Family Services
Box 610 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0
Fax: (204) 645-2049