06 Nov Supervisor – Peguis CFS, Winnipeg Outreach Office
Competition No. 2019 – 0511
Salary: Based on Child Welfare Experience
Department: Child and Family Services
Location: Winnipeg Outreach Office
Date Posted: November 5, 2019
Closing Date: 12:00 pm on November 22, 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter along with all checks (stipulated below) to:
FAX: (204) 632-7226 PHONE: (204) 632-5404
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal records, child/adult abuse registry and prior contact checks. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
Peguis Child & Family Services is one of ten agencies within the Southern First Nations Network of Care mandated to provide programs and services to our people that protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Our mission is to provide child protection and family services to Peguis First Nation membership and to all other nations that may request our services.
The Supervisor ensures that services are being delivered as mandated and in accordance with Peguis Child and Family Services Philosophies, Peguis Child and Family Services Human Resource Policy and Peguis’ Program Procedures Manual. Working as part of a multidisciplinary team and providing services under the CFS Act, CFS Authorities Act and the Adoption Act. The Supervisor is responsible for administering, coordinating and supervising Child and Family Services Worker(s), Foster Care Worker(s), Intake Worker(s), Child Abuse Worker(s) and/or Prevention Worker(s) according to Supervision Policy in accordance to the Agency’s Human Resource Policy.
• Bachelor of Social Work Degree; alternatively a Post-secondary degree in a related field with at least 3 years direct CFS experience may be considered.
• Registration (RSW) with the Manitoba College of Social Workers is required.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the field of Child and Family Services or equivalent social services field.
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act.
• Demonstrate organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills.
• Knowledge of collateral services / community resources and how to access are required.
• Proficiency in computers – specifically Child and Family Services Information System (CFSIS), Microsoft Office and the Intake Module System.
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle are required.
• Complete Annual File Reviews on the following; children in care, services to families, family enhancement files;
• Monitor all court matters, ensuring all court documents are submitted in a timely fashion. In the event the assigned worker is unable to attend court the supervisor must attend in the assigned workers absence;
• Conduct monthly staff meetings to communicate new developments (Management Meetings), policy changes, Provincial Standards and any child welfare legislation. Maintain records of meetings and submit upon request;
• Provide supervision according to Peguis Child and Family Services, Human Resource Policy;
• Complete Peguis Child and Family Services, Supervision Template (documenting new incidents, changes in case plan and/or changes in level of risk) and ensure this documents is attached to CFSIS;
• Adhere to Code of Conduct and mentor staff to adhere to the Code of Conduct, promoting a healthy workplace;
• Implement Team Building Activities with Unit during Staff Meetings to foster supportive and healthy working environment;
• Act as an advocate for staff and encourage self-care, informing staff of Manulife, Employee Plan;
• Complete Employee Evaluation due at the end of Agency’s fiscal year March 31;
• Performs other related work as assigned by Supervisor.