18 Apr Student Researcher – Contract
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Peguis Child and Family Services require a STUDENT RESEARCHER. The Student Researcher will be responsible for providing a full range of researching and analyzing any documents available. This project consists of mapping the child welfare journey for First Nations People. The contractor is responsible to complete these components; 1. Research; 2. Written timelines. This will be an independent position providing weekly progress reports to the Executive Director.
• Applicant must be an active University student.
• Experience conducting research.
• Work with Executive Director.
• Communicate clearly to all team members.
• Work against tight deadlines with prompt and accurate turnaround.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective presentation skills; ability to present to large groups.
• Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently.
• Demonstrate organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in computers – specifically Microsoft program and Adobe Acrobat.
• First Nation applicants are encouraged to self identify as being of First Nations descent.
Applicants must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
DEADLINE: THURSDAY MAY 2, 2019 @ 3:00 PM
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes along with three references to:
Human Resources Department
Peguis Child and Family Services
Box 610 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0
Fax: (204) 645-2558