05 Nov Specialized Foster Parent
Location: St. Andrews, MB
Peguis Child and Family Services require one SPECIALIZED FOSTER PARENT. The Specialized Foster Parent will reside at “Our Home”, providing 24 hour care to ensure the global needs of the child(ren) are being met.
• Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate is required; a post-secondary certificate or diploma related to children or youth care is an asset.
• Experience working with or raising children is required.
• Demonstrated ability to budget and teach independent living skills.
• Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills; interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Provide reports bi-weekly.
• A Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and a vehicle are required.
• Knowledge of the Manitoba CFS Act & the Foster Family Manual is an asset.
• Knowledge of collateral services / community resources and how to access these services are required.
• First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
Applicants must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check.
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 17, 2020 @ 3:00PM
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume, cover letter, three references and record checks to:
Peguis Child and Family Services
Box 610 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0
Fax: (204) 645-2558