07 Nov Resource Administrator – Peguis CFS
Competition No.: 2019 – 0511
Position: Resource Administrator
Salary: Based on Education
Department: Child and Family Services
Location: Winnipeg Outreach Office
Date Posted: November 6, 2019
Closing Date: 12:00pm on November 29, 2019
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter along with all checks (stipulated below) to:
FAX: (204) 632-7226 PHONE: (204) 632-5404
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal records, child/adult abuse registry and prior contact checks. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
Peguis Child & Family Services is one of ten agencies within the Southern First Nations Network of Care mandated to provide programs and services to our people that protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Our mission is to provide child protection and family services to Peguis First Nation membership and to all other nations that may request our services.
The Resource Administrator is responsible for coordinating mental health services as per agency framework and subsequent programming in four areas. The four areas are mental health promotion, intervention oversight, partnerships and development/ evaluation:
• Bachelor of Arts Degree and administration experience
• Strong Coordination Skills
• Strong Written Communication Skills
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act.
• Demonstrate organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills.
• Knowledge of collateral services / community resources and how to access are required.
• Proficiency in computers
• Valid class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle are required.
• Develop mental health campaign for families and work with the Family Enhancement Team
• Form and maintain positive partnerships with collaterals
• Recruit, contract, manage agency clinical mental health supports and maintain records
• Create and manage data base of existing resources
• Development of ongoing resources for agency
• Provide support to the agency in the coordinator of resource services and complete referral(s)
• Develop evaluation for programs pertaining to mental health and prevention services
• Adhere to Code of Conduct promoting a healthy workplace