04 Nov Receptionist
Competition No. 2020-1030
Salary: Based on Experience
Conditions: One-Year Term Contract
Department: Child and Family Services
Location: Winnipeg Outreach Office
Date Posted: October 30, 2020
Closing Date: Friday November 13, 2020 by 12:00 pm
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter along with all checks (stipulated below) to:
FAX: (204) 632-7228 PHONE: (204) 632-5404
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal records, child and adult abuse registry and prior contact checks. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
Peguis Child & Family Services is one of ten agencies within the Southern First Nations Network of Care mandated to provide programs and services to our people that protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Our mission is to provide child protection and family services to Peguis First Nation membership and to all other nations that may request our services.
Responsibilites will include, but are not limited to
- Responsible for opening up the office at 8:45am daily;
- Answer all incoming, screen and/ or forward calls, relay messages and maintain daily records of outgoing long distance calls;
- Record daily attendance and forward weekly report to Supervisor;
- Type and file documents as requested;
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to agency operations;
- Maintain reception filing system in an orderly and confidential manner;
- Record incoming and outgoing mail, reroute incoming mail to appropriate staff ;
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Exceptional organizing and time-management skills.
- Demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in iMac – specifically Microsoft Office;
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Self-motivated and dedicated team player.
Education & Experience
- Administrative/clerical studies an asset
- Minimum of one year experience
- Grade 12 High School Diploma
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.