Our mission is to provide child protection and family services to Peguis first nation membership and to all other nations that may request our services.
- To ensure that the overall philosophy of the Agency, as articulated in the Peguis Child and Family Services Mission Statement is maintained.
- To ensure that the best interests of the families within the catchment area of Peguis Child and Family Services are protected.
- Providing support services to Peguis Band members and their families on and off reserve, and to other families who choose Peguis Child and Family Services as their service provider.
- Keeping children within their own homes or extended families and;
- Initiating community education programs to prevent the removal of children from their families and home community and;
- identifying children in care of other agencies, institutions and authorities and facilitating the return of these children to their community;
- Providing outreach services to Peguis Band members residing off reserve; provide advocacy and services to members residing in other provinces and internationally.