15 May Family Enhancement Camp Leaders (2)
Term Position: June to September 2019
Location: PEGUIS, MB
Peguis Child and Family Services require two (2) FAMILY ENHANCEMENT CAMP LEADERS. The Summer Camp Leaders will be responsible for overseeing the Family Enhancement Summer Camp Program, under the direct supervision of the Family Enhancement Facilitator from June to September 2019.
Camp leaders will be required to:
– Assist the Family Facilitator in planning and delivery of the Summer Camp Program;
– Set up, supervision and cleanup of daily planned activities;
– Supervise and engage the youth, treating all children respectfully and fairly;
– Demonstrate appropriate responses and sound judgment when faced with conflict situations;
– Assist in purchasing items and maintaining an inventory of the Camp;
– Assist the Camp Coordinator with weekly reports and camp evaluations;
– Be physically fit – there will be a lot of physical activity including but not limited to: heavy lifting, jumping, swimming and running.
– Previous experience; preferably with other recreational camps or programs for school aged children.
– Post-Secondary Education in a related field such as Social Services, Leisure Studies, Recreation, Child Development will be considered an asset.
– Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate and Class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle are required.
– First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
Applicants must provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check and a Child Abuse Registry Check. A Prior contact check will be conducted by the Agency after the interview.
Application deadline: WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019 @ noon
We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes along with three references and record checks to:
Human Resource Manager
Peguis Child and Family Services Inc.
Box 610 Peguis, Manitoba R0C 3J0
Fax: (204) 645-2558