05 Jan CFS Worker – Winnipeg Outreach Office
Competition No. 2021-105
Position: CFS Worker
Salary: Based on Experience
Department: Child and Family Services
Location: Winnipeg Outreach Office
Date Posted: January 5, 2021
Closing Date: January 19, 2020 by 5:00 pm
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter along with all checks (stipulated below) to:
FAX: (204) 632-7228 PHONE: (204) 632-5404
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal records, child and adult abuse registry and prior contact checks. Please cite the competition number and position in the subject line when submitting by email or fax. We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. First Nation applicants are encouraged to self-identify as being of First Nations descent.
Peguis Child & Family Services is one of ten agencies within the Southern First Nations Network of Care mandated to provide programs and services to our people that protect our children, promote family wellness, and strengthen our community.
Our mission is to provide child protection and family services to Peguis First Nation membership and to all other nations that may request our services.
• Providing mandated child protection and family services.
• Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Information System and Intake Module (CFSIS/IM). Case management according to standards.
• Court Preparation.
• Ensure culturally appropriate services.
• Ability to handle crisis situations in an appropriate manner.
• Positive relationship building with clients and collaterals.
• Knowledge of the Manitoba Child and Family Services Act.
• Exceptional organizing and time-management skills.
• Demonstrate organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional crisis intervention and risk assessment skills.
• Knowledge of collateral services / community resources and how to access are required.
• Proficiency in computers – _specifically Microsoft Office; knowledge of the Child and Family Services Information System (CFSIS)
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
• Self-motivated and dedicated team player.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of two years’ experience in the field of Child and Family Services or equivalent social services field. Bachelor of Social Work Degree; alternatively a Post-secondary degree in a related field with at least 2 years direct CFS experience may be considered. Registration (RSW) with the Manitoba College of Social Workers is an asset. System (CFSIS), and the Intake Module (IM) System is an asset. Valid class 5 driver’s license and a vehicle are required.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.